*** This job is for joining Monitor Backlinks team ***
Isn’t it annoying always to start a new project and not spend enough time to make it close to perfect? to make it a quality project that you can be proud?
You will be responsible for implementing new features on Monitor Backlinks (https://monitorbacklinks.com). That’s it, no other project, and this for the next few years.
We are not looking for someone great, but for someone Awesome!
- Knowledge at least 1-2 PHP frameworks. We work with Yii2 framework;
- Expert MySQL knowledge. Not just to select data, but to know the difference between heavy and good SQL queries;
- Must be an fluent in OO PHP5;
- Linux/Unix basic to run command,
- GitHub or other SVN;
- Experience working with 3rd-party web services APIs;
We are looking who is not afraid of and even more loves:
- Learning! The lack of new & efficient technologies makes you bored;
- Unified code styling (PSR2) for all team;
- Security. You feel mad when find out XSS or SQL injection possibility in code;
- Fast & efficient code and Optimizations. But you already had experience that “Premature optimization is the root of all evil”)
- Vagrant/Virtualbox as personal server;
- Complete PHPdoc for every class, method and property;
- Functional and Unit tests;
- Code autocompletion for everything in your favorite IDE;
- Code refactoring;
- Pull requests and Code reviews before moving code to production;
- Methods no longer than 40 lines;
- PHP 5.4 – 5.5 features. You know about Late static bindings, traits, understand what is Yield and other white and even black magic;
- Laconical naming for classes, methods;
- Well-organized structure;
- Know how to write testable code / dependency injection / phpunit tests;
- We use Trello for organizing tasks, you’ll like it;
Preferred skills that could be a big plus:
- Percona and XtraDB
- Amazon Web Services
- Web Crawling / Screen Scraping
- Highload and bigdata
If you don’t know most of them, you’ll have a remarkable opportunity to deal with them and learn new interesting things during work in our startup.
A link to your Github profile is required and Yii or other framework code sample you wrote before (full class).
Please provide when applying else your application will be ignored.
If you provide a portfolio, don’t just provide URL’s, but specify what you did, what problems you dealt with and how you solved them.
To apply, send an e-mail with all the required details (CV, Portfolio and answer to the question “Why are you the best at this job?”) to razvan [at] monitorbacklinks [dot] com